Saturday, December 19, 2009

Did you know that perfume, eau de toilettes, and colognes are offensive to some people?

I didn't know this until reading an answer on here today. It's weird how something that is invented and designed with total pleasure in mind offends some people.Did you know that perfume, eau de toilettes, and colognes are offensive to some people?
Apparently, some people do have legitimate fragrance sensitivities...and it's true that some people go overboard with the cologne wearing and make things worse. I used to be one of the latter when I was in my late 20s-early 30s.





This is what happened to me re: people complaining about excessive use of cologne. Just imagine walking into a break room on the job and hearing someone saying that you smell like a funeral parlor! Talk about humiliation! I cried in the bathroom for an hour while furiously trying to wipe off the perfume from my body....I was 28 at the time, but did Iearn my lesson? No. Fast forward 5 years, age 33 and imagine finding a typewritten note on your car complaining about your supposedly liberal use of perfume and the note is signed ';concerned breather.'; When I complained to human resources about the letter, they actually sided with the letter writer and told me to tone it down or stop wearing it...or I'd be written up!





Years later, I found out where fragrance senstivity is concerned, the issue isn't so much with cologne itself or whether or not the scent gives offense, it's the chemicals that make up the colognes that cause the allergic reactions...and that's the real problem! Some colognes and scents can literally make a person physially sick. Let me tell if I had know about this back in the late 80s and early 90s, I would've NEVER imposed my cologne on people. I really feel bad about this now. So I now support fragrance free environments. It took awhile, but I learned my lesson and now most of the time I wear no cologne at all or I stick to a the lightest scent I can find...and I wear it only on special occasions and NEVER to work! So not worth the hassle...or the risk that I may have been responsible in causing someone else to get sick.








There are many workplaces and even entire cities with ordinances re: the use of perfume in public places. That's the trend these days and it's not likely to reverse itself.Did you know that perfume, eau de toilettes, and colognes are offensive to some people?
Ican't stand imitation, I like using the real one, Calvin Klein or Tommy. Now I hate it when someone who doesn't take a shower or a bird bath then spray expensive cologne or fragrance. I have a problem with that.
Depends on the fragrance, also some people are actually allergic to the scents. Jungle Gardenia makes me nauseous.
my current boss is allergic to most perfumes and colognes.
no...interesting tho!


i love perfume and i wouldnt give it up for anyone lol
what???????? maybe to stinky people i loveee perfumes .That is weird were you read that?
well it depends upon how good or how bad do you think it is
people have their preferences. I still wear it and odn't care what others think

No comments:

Post a Comment