Thursday, December 24, 2009

What is the difference between perfume and parfume and what does eau de mean?

Eau de parfum contains about 7-15% perfume concentrates. This is the most popular and common form of perfume. It provides a long-lasting fragrance and generally doesn't cost as much as extract perfume.What is the difference between perfume and parfume and what does eau de mean?
maybe on is cheaper then the otherWhat is the difference between perfume and parfume and what does eau de mean?
'eau de' is French. It means 'water of'.
eau de pretty much mean PERFUME (water of)


i think its just all frenchz


dont puzzle over it.
I DONT NOW IS MY DUDE TOO
eau de parfum is the exact same thing as perfume...just in French
I think perfume and parfum are just two different words for ';perfume';, but I'm not 100% sure. Also, there is definitely a difference in concentration. Eau de toilette usually has alcohol added to the perfume, so it's cheaper (but still expensive, if you know what I mean). Real perfume is pretty has a much higher concentration, and it is super expensive. For example, if you buy Chanel No 5 at Nordstrom's or Macy's, it will cost about $90 dollars and it is eau de perfume. But if you were to buy a bottle of Chanel No 5 parfum, it would cost around $300. I'm not 100% sure on all this, but I learned it at some perfumerie in Paris. I bought a tiny bottle of real perfume there, and it was really expensive but it lasts all day long (literally, it's still on the next day if I don't shower). It's strong, but it smells lovely and I can definitely tell the difference, quality-wise, between that and my favorite Burberry perfume.
Eau de parfum is stronger than eau de toilette. Eau de means ';water of';.

No comments:

Post a Comment